Infrared Convection Combination Ovens
Infrared Heating Technologies’ electric infrared/convection combination industrial oven and industrial furnace systems combine infrared heating elements with “plug” style plenum recirculation blowers for radiant/convective combination heating. These combination systems offer the fast, controllable, and efficient heating of electric infrared and the uniformity and air impingement assisted heating and drying of convection.
This combination heating technique has several features and related benefits over radiant only and convective only heating:
- Fast Response The low thermal mass of the infrared element gives outstanding control of the heat output and process temperature.
- High Heating Rates The high source temperature of the electric infrared heating element leads to high thermal transfer and fast heating.
- Controllable Output Output of our electric infrared oven systems can be controlled precisely to match the temperature requirements of the process.
- Uniform Heating The convection heating component leads to beter temperature uniformity than radaint only heating and improved heat transfer.
- Clean Heating Electric heat source is environmentally clean and efficient.
- High Heating Efficiencies Up to 88% of input electrical power is converted to radiant energy (heat). Final efficiencies are improved over IR alone or convection alone heating.