Infrared Heating Technologies (IHT) designs and manufactures electric Infrared Industrial Drying Ovens and Infrared/Convection Combination Drying Ovens as well as standard natural gas convection and electric convection drying ovens for a variety of water removal and Class A solvent removal drying process.
IR and IR/Convection Combination Drying
These medium wave electric infrared drying ovens offer a fast and efficient method to remove water and solvents from webs, glass, coatings, and a wide variety of parts. Infrared and Infrared/Convection Combination Dryer benefits include increased line speeds and production throughputs, precise control of the heaters elements, multiple heat zones control, fast and efficient heating, and reduced floor space requirement. These electric infrared and electric infrared convection combination dryers maximize throughput for the smallest possible footprint.
The following lists some of the many drying process for which our infrared drying ovens have been implemented.
IHT Drying Oven Application
- Remove moisture from powder metal pressed parts
- Water removal from automotive clutch packs
- Water based paint drying
- Solvent based paint drying
- Drying coatings on glass
- Removing ice and moisture from steel tanks
- Removing water from pharmaceutical web
- Drying Dielectric Coating on Stators
Features of Industrial Drying Ovens and Dryers
- Quartz Infrared Panel and Quartz Tube Heaters
- Medium Wave Heaters
- Infrared and Infrared/Convection Combination Systems
- Convection Plug Blowers for Convective Assisted Drying
- Integrated Exhaust Fans For Water and Solvent Removal
- Batch and Conveyor Systems Available
- Chain, Slat, Chain-On-Edge, Flat Wire Belt, Flat Flex Belt, Teflon Belt, and Overhead Hanging Conveyors
- Controls with PLC and HMI
- Class A for Solvent Processing
- Aluminized Steel and Optional Stainless Steel Interiors
Industrial Convection Drying Oven
IHT manufactures standard and custom batch and conveyor industrial convection ovens for a variety of drying processes. These industrial convection ovens are available as electric convection and natural gas fired convection. Industrial convection ovens work by circulating heated air from the electric or natural gas heat source to the material/product via air ducts or plenums. Industrial convection ovens are ideal for pre-heating, drying, baking, and curing materials.
While Infrared/Convection combination heating is often specified over convection only heat due to the faster heating of infrared, some drying processes benefit from convection only heating. Also, for certain processes with very large throughput requirements, natural gas convection can prove to have a lower operating costs due to the lower cost of natural gas when compared to electricity.
IHT engineers will work with you the customer to specify the correct heat source and oven type for your specific process requirements.